Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Dynamic Titles in a Pivot Charts

Folks,

Spent a bunch of time searching the site trying to find references on
how to make a Chart Title in a PIVOT CHART dynamic. As it is now,
"County" is a field value in my chart, which plots prehunt deer
population estimates from 1981-present. When I change county (via the
drop down list), I would like for the Chart Title to change, which
reads "Adams County Prehunt Population Trends, 1981-present." I have
found all manner of references on how to make a title dynamic (by
pointing it to a cell that will contain the value you want to be in the
title) but this is 1 step beyond that. Would anyone be willing to help
me with this?

Thanks so much in advance for all of your help - on not only this, but
other posts as well!

Regards,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Debra,

Would you mind taking a look at a marked-up screen shot of my Excel
worksheet? It does a real good job of explaining what I seem to be
doing a poor job of. If you have time and don't mind, you can drop me
an email at .

Thank you.

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Debra Dalgleish

There's a sample file here with a dynamic pivot chart title:

Under PivotTables, look for Employee Time Tracking.

If that's not what you need, you can email me the graphic.

wrote:
Hi Debra,

Would you mind taking a look at a marked-up screen shot of my Excel
worksheet? It does a real good job of explaining what I seem to be
doing a poor job of. If you have time and don't mind, you can drop me
an email at
.

Thank you.

Mike