Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default x y scatter chart series ranges reset to x(range) = y(range)

Office 2007 Beta2 (12.0.4017.1004)
When creating a multi series x,y scatter chart the ranges for the x xis
reset to the range of the y axis. This renders the x,y scatter chart very
inaccurate. Is there a solution for this.

I hope Microsoft fixes this problem before the next release (RC1) when ever
that is to happen.

brakerm19
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Could you send me a sample file - my private email, please
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Brakerm19" wrote in message
Office 2007 Beta2 (12.0.4017.1004)
When creating a multi series x,y scatter chart the ranges for the x xis
reset to the range of the y axis. This renders the x,y scatter chart very
inaccurate. Is there a solution for this.

I hope Microsoft fixes this problem before the next release (RC1) when
ever
that is to happen.

brakerm19

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Series X Y
Vec A 0 0
2.3 10.8

Vec B 0 0
-26.3 -10.8

Vec C 0 0
-2.3 -10.8

Vec D 0 0
26.3 10.8

Four series x y scatter chart, the data source for each series continually
resets to x(range)=y(range) making for in inaccurate chart result

This same setup works properly with Office 2003 SP2.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Are you still having this problem with Beta 2 TR? If so, can you please send
me a file illustrating the problem?

Thanks,
Helen (Excel PM)