Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Simple x-axis question

I have an xy scatter plot with the x-axis numbers as percentage. How can
I remove the percentage sign next to each number in the x-axis since the
sign is already defined in the axis title?

I tried to change the format of the number, I selected general and
multiplied the coulmn by 100 but it did not work.... Can you please
help???!

Thanks in advance....

--
balmalik
balmalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36517

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

From what I see it is all going to tie back to the data that's in the
table you are working from. If it is stored there as a Percentage
format, the raw data will say .15 but will display as 15%.

Your chart axis will default to the same format, 15%. When you change
the axis number style to general it will change it to the data's raw
form .15

If it were me, I would store the data as a raw general format = 15, not
a percentage format =.15 result as 15%. Then on your table column
heading just denote "Percentage" or (%).

If you really need the % signs all the way down the side of those
numbers, insert a tiny column and just paste % all the way down the
side. My people never look at the data tables anyways.

I hope this makes sense.

balmalik wrote:
I have an xy scatter plot with the x-axis numbers as percentage. How can
I remove the percentage sign next to each number in the x-axis since the
sign is already defined in the axis title?

I tried to change the format of the number, I selected general and
multiplied the coulmn by 100 but it did not work.... Can you please
help???!

Thanks in advance....

--
balmalik
balmalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36517
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=563312

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks for the reply...

However, the problem I am having is that I have a very low percentages,
less than 5% and I do not want the numbers to show as 0.05 instead of 5.
The percentage is 5% and not .05%.

I tried mutliplying the coulmn be 100 to sove the problem but for some
reason the data acts in a very strange way and my graph will look
strange...