Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Stop carrying over text styles when pasting

How do I get Excel to stop carrying over text styles when pasting from Word
into Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Go to Edit-- Paste Special and choose your option from there. Most likely
Unformatted Text or Values will be what you want to choose.

"J. Lou" wrote:

How do I get Excel to stop carrying over text styles when pasting from Word
into Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Elgee!

So this can't be disabled on an application level? I use CTRL+C and CTRL+V
to copy and paste. It would be tedious to have to choose Paste Special every
time.

"J. Lou" wrote:

How do I get Excel to stop carrying over text styles when pasting from Word
into Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can add the Paste Special button to the ribbon (Excel 2007)

Alternatively you can hit CTRL-SPACE Bar before CTRL-C in Word (this will
remove formatting before copying to the Clipboard. You can hit CTRL-Z after
copying to restore the Word format in the original document...

If you are working in a non-commercial environment then you can use ASAP
Utilities (http://www.asap-utilities.com/downlo...-utilities.php) ... it
has a 'Clean Web imported data' which is wonderful. The toll itself is
GREAT... and FREE for non-commercial use.