Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
J. Lou J. Lou is offline

Default Stop carrying over text styles when pasting

Thanks Sheeloo and Elgee! I think I can work with one of these options.

J. Lou

"Sheeloo" wrote:

You can add the Paste Special button to the ribbon (Excel 2007)

Alternatively you can hit CTRL-SPACE Bar before CTRL-C in Word (this will
remove formatting before copying to the Clipboard. You can hit CTRL-Z after
copying to restore the Word format in the original document...

If you are working in a non-commercial environment then you can use ASAP
Utilities (http://www.asap-utilities.com/downlo...-utilities.php) ... it
has a 'Clean Web imported data' which is wonderful. The toll itself is
GREAT... and FREE for non-commercial use.

"J. Lou" wrote:

Thanks Elgee!

So this can't be disabled on an application level? I use CTRL+C and CTRL+V
to copy and paste. It would be tedious to have to choose Paste Special every
time.

"Elgee" wrote:

Go to Edit-- Paste Special and choose your option from there. Most likely
Unformatted Text or Values will be what you want to choose.

"J. Lou" wrote:

How do I get Excel to stop carrying over text styles when pasting from Word
into Excel?