Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Color cell if spell check finds an error

This may be very simple and I am totally over looking it, or tricky. I want
to somehow spellcheck all of the cells and if spellcheck finds an errors than
those cells will be highlighted permantly until I unhighlight them.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the cells and run this small macro:

Sub spellcolor()
For Each r In Selection
If Application.CheckSpelling(r.Value) Then
Else
r.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
End If
Next
End Sub

This only colors the cells, it does not bring up the dialog.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200765

"LiveUser" wrote:

This may be very simple and I am totally over looking it, or tricky. I want
to somehow spellcheck all of the cells and if spellcheck finds an errors than
those cells will be highlighted permantly until I unhighlight them.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Usually from the worksheet, spell check runs across may cells, stopping only
if it find a problem. The way we are using it, we get the contents of the
individual cells and tell spell check to only check that string.

Used in this fashion spellchecker only give back a TRUE/FALSE, without the
correction dialog. Based upon the response, we color the cell the text came
from.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200765