Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rog Rog is offline

Default Error Msg 400 - Macro Spell Check

We keep getting an error msg 400 for a spell check macro in protected doc.
What is this error message and what do we do to correct it?

Thanks,

Rog
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Look for "Trappable Errors" in Word VBA help.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Rog"
wrote in message
We keep getting an error msg 400 for a spell check macro in protected doc.
What is this error message and what do we do to correct it?

Thanks,

Rog
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you post your code?

Assuming ".doc" means an Excel.xls workbook since you're posting an an Excel

You cannot Spellcheck on a protected sheet.

You must unprotect, spellcheck then reprotect.

Sub Spell_Check()
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme"
Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="justme", DrawingObjects:=True, _
Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP