Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Spell check / character cell limit

While I understand Excel has a character limit of 32,767/cell, 1,024 display
in cell; spell check will not correct selected word(s) in a given cell with a
length over 900 (approx) characters.

Has anyone else encountered this? Can anyone shed any light on this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I use xl2003.

I put:
=rept("this and that ",100)&"qwer"
in A1

=len(a1) reported back 1404 characters.

I converted the formula to a value and ran tools|Spelling and excel yelled at me
about the "qwer" stuff.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Me too on the 2003 version. I appreciate the test. I even copied the
text/cell in question to a blank workbook. Perhaps i'll figure it out
eventually. Thanks again.