Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default what is the formula for getting current age from Date of Birth

I'm setting up a spreadsheet which contains peoples names and Dates of Birth.
I need to had to have a formula that will calculate and display indiviuals
current AGE, from D.O.B.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

If Birth date is in cell A1 and today() in cell B1 :

=DATEDIF(A1,B1,"Y") & " Years, " & DATEDIF(A1,B1,"YM") & " Months, " &
DATEDIF(A1,B1,"MD") & " Days"

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If D.O.B is in A1 then:

=DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"ym") & " months,
" & DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"md") & " days"

will give age. for example if A1 contains:
1/15/1985
the formula will return:
21 years, 8 months, 15 days

--
Gary''s Student

"smudge" wrote:

I'm setting up a spreadsheet which contains peoples names and Dates of Birth.
I need to had to have a formula that will calculate and display indiviuals
current AGE, from D.O.B.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

in a cell say A1 type =today().This will always shows todays date
in another column you will have all the birthaday,say E:E
in say G1 you have the formula $A$1 - E1
In g1 rightclick and choose format cell go to custom format and using a date
format shown to start with type say y "yr" m "mnths"Your answers will show 25
yr 3 mnths or similar

--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!