-   -   what is the formula for getting current age from Date of Birth (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/112291-what-formula-getting-current-age-date-birth.html)

Smudge

what is the formula for getting current age from Date of Birth

I'm setting up a spreadsheet which contains peoples names and Dates of Birth.
I need to had to have a formula that will calculate and display indiviuals
current AGE, from D.O.B.

Carim

what is the formula for getting current age from Date of Birth

Hi,

If Birth date is in cell A1 and today() in cell B1 :

=DATEDIF(A1,B1,"Y") & " Years, " & DATEDIF(A1,B1,"YM") & " Months, " &
DATEDIF(A1,B1,"MD") & " Days"

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Gary''s Student

what is the formula for getting current age from Date of Birth

If D.O.B is in A1 then:

=DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"ym") & " months,
" & DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"md") & " days"

will give age. for example if A1 contains:
1/15/1985
the formula will return:
21 years, 8 months, 15 days

--
Gary''s Student

"smudge" wrote:

I'm setting up a spreadsheet which contains peoples names and Dates of Birth.
I need to had to have a formula that will calculate and display indiviuals
current AGE, from D.O.B.

paul

what is the formula for getting current age from Date of Birth

in a cell say A1 type =today().This will always shows todays date
in another column you will have all the birthaday,say E:E
in say G1 you have the formula $A$1 - E1
In g1 rightclick and choose format cell go to custom format and using a date
format shown to start with type say y "yr" m "mnths"Your answers will show 25
yr 3 mnths or similar

--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"smudge" wrote:

I'm setting up a spreadsheet which contains peoples names and Dates of Birth.
I need to had to have a formula that will calculate and display indiviuals
current AGE, from D.O.B.

Quincy

what is the formula for getting current age from Date of Birth

Thanks, this was very helpful. Am now trying to sort the newly calculated
ages in ascending order, and get #REF. Can you help?

"smudge" wrote:

I'm setting up a spreadsheet which contains peoples names and Dates of Birth.
I need to had to have a formula that will calculate and display indiviuals
current AGE, from D.O.B.

Fred Smith[_4_]

what is the formula for getting current age from Date of Birth

You need to keep your columns together. You probably need to highlight both
columns before you sort.

Regards,
Fred