Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default "Hiding" formulas

Hi,

I'm using the vlookup function for a spreadsheet and have copied my
formula down the bottom of the page. So now, those cells show #N/A
because I have not yet entered the vendor information into the first
column to populate the other columns. Is there a way to hide those #N/
A's so I don't have to see them?

I tried protecting and hiding those cells, but it didn't work like I
had hoped. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Veronica
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi, Veronica,

try to use:

if(iserror(vlookup(.......),""),vlookup(.......... .))

hth

--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Veronica Johnson" escreveu:

Hi,

I'm using the vlookup function for a spreadsheet and have copied my
formula down the bottom of the page. So now, those cells show #N/A
because I have not yet entered the vendor information into the first
column to populate the other columns. Is there a way to hide those #N/
A's so I don't have to see them?

I tried protecting and hiding those cells, but it didn't work like I
had hoped. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Veronica

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jan 9, 1:28*pm, Marcelo wrote:
hi, Veronica,

try to use:

if(iserror(vlookup(.......),""),vlookup(.......... .))

hth

--

"Veronica Johnson" escreveu:

Hi,

I'm using the vlookup function for a spreadsheet and have copied my
formula down the bottom of the page. *So now, those cells show #N/A
because I have not yet entered the vendor information into the first
column to populate the other columns. *Is there a way to hide those #N/
A's so I don't have to see them?

I tried protecting and hiding those cells, but it didn't work like I
had hoped. *Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Veronica- Hide quoted text -

Hi, it told me that there were too many arguments entered. Any other
suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See if this works:

if(iserror(vlookup(.......)), "", vlookup(...........))

CW

"Veronica Johnson" wrote:

On Jan 9, 1:28 pm, Marcelo wrote:
hi, Veronica,

try to use:

if(iserror(vlookup(.......),""),vlookup(.......... .))

hth

--

"Veronica Johnson" escreveu:

Hi,

I'm using the vlookup function for a spreadsheet and have copied my
formula down the bottom of the page. So now, those cells show #N/A
because I have not yet entered the vendor information into the first
column to populate the other columns. Is there a way to hide those #N/
A's so I don't have to see them?

I tried protecting and hiding those cells, but it didn't work like I
had hoped. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Veronica- Hide quoted text -

Hi, it told me that there were too many arguments entered. Any other
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Veronica

Try similar to this

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(G2,$C$1:$F$31,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKU P(G2,$C$1:$F$31,2,FALSE))

ISNA is preferable to ISERROR because ISERROR masks any and all errors.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 10:40:47 -0800 (PST), Veronica Johnson
wrote:

On Jan 9, 1:28*pm, Marcelo wrote:
hi, Veronica,

try to use:

if(iserror(vlookup(.......),""),vlookup(.......... .))

hth

--

"Veronica Johnson" escreveu:

Hi,

I'm using the vlookup function for a spreadsheet and have copied my
formula down the bottom of the page. *So now, those cells show #N/A
because I have not yet entered the vendor information into the first
column to populate the other columns. *Is there a way to hide those #N/
A's so I don't have to see them?

I tried protecting and hiding those cells, but it didn't work like I
had hoped. *Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Veronica- Hide quoted text -

Hi, it told me that there were too many arguments entered. Any other
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think Marcelo may have intended to say:

=if(iserror(vlookup(.......)),"",vlookup(......... ..))
--
David Biddulph

"Veronica Johnson" wrote in message

Hi, it told me that there were too many arguments entered. Any other
suggestions?

On Jan 9, 1:28 pm, Marcelo wrote:
hi, Veronica,

try to use:

if(iserror(vlookup(.......),""),vlookup(.......... .))

Marcelo

"Veronica Johnson" escreveu:
Hi,

I'm using the vlookup function for a spreadsheet and have copied my
formula down the bottom of the page. So now, those cells show #N/A
because I have not yet entered the vendor information into the first
column to populate the other columns. Is there a way to hide those #N/
A's so I don't have to see them?

I tried protecting and hiding those cells, but it didn't work like I
had hoped. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Veronica

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jan 9, 2:11*pm, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
Veronica

Try similar to this * *

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(G2,$C$1:$F$31,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKU P(G2,$C$1:$F$31,2,FALSE))

ISNA is preferable to ISERROR because ISERROR masks any and all errors.

Gord Dibben *MS Excel MVP *

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 10:40:47 -0800 (PST), Veronica Johnson
wrote:

On Jan 9, 1:28*pm, Marcelo wrote:
hi, Veronica,

try to use:

if(iserror(vlookup(.......),""),vlookup(.......... .))

hth

--

"Veronica Johnson" escreveu:

Hi,

I'm using the vlookup function for a spreadsheet and have copied my
formula down the bottom of the page. *So now, those cells show #N/A
because I have not yet entered the vendor information into the first
column to populate the other columns. *Is there a way to hide those #N/
A's so I don't have to see them?

I tried protecting and hiding those cells, but it didn't work like I
had hoped. *Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Veronica- Hide quoted text -

Hi, it told me that there were too many arguments entered. *Any other
suggestions?- Hide quoted text -

Hi Gentleman,

Thank you so much! Both these options worked perfectly! I appreciate
your help.

-Veronica