Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Title Bar minimize, maximize & close icons not present

The title bar minimize, maximize & close icons are not present in a
spreadsheet that was emailed to me. The file name shows in the title bar
(compatability mode), and the workbook is in the "restore down" window state
and cannot be moved (dragged) in the Excel workspace. The workbook and
worksheets are not protected. I am using Excel 2007.

When I create a new workbook, I do not have this problem, and the title bar
menu icons display appropriately. This is more an annoyance than anything,
but I would appreciate any suggestions about how to resolve this issue.
Thanks.
--
Charlie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Any chance that your workbook is protected (with Windows checked).

On the Review tab, try clicking on Protect Workbook.

Is "Protect Structure and windows" checked?

If yes, then uncheck it. You may need to supply a password.

Charlie Shaw wrote:

The title bar minimize, maximize & close icons are not present in a
spreadsheet that was emailed to me. The file name shows in the title bar
(compatability mode), and the workbook is in the "restore down" window state
and cannot be moved (dragged) in the Excel workspace. The workbook and
worksheets are not protected. I am using Excel 2007.

When I create a new workbook, I do not have this problem, and the title bar
menu icons display appropriately. This is more an annoyance than anything,
but I would appreciate any suggestions about how to resolve this issue.
Thanks.
--
Charlie

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Even though OP stated the workbook and worksheet are not protected

The workbook and
worksheets are not protected

Dave strikes again with the unerring accuracy of a psychic drawing to an inside
straight.

Gord

Charlie Shaw wrote:

The title bar minimize, maximize & close icons are not present in a
spreadsheet that was emailed to me. The file name shows in the title bar
(compatability mode), and the workbook is in the "restore down" window state
and cannot be moved (dragged) in the Excel workspace. The workbook and
worksheets are not protected. I am using Excel 2007.

When I create a new workbook, I do not have this problem, and the title bar
menu icons display appropriately. This is more an annoyance than anything,
but I would appreciate any suggestions about how to resolve this issue.
Thanks.
--
Charlie

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you misspell psycho? <vbg

But lots of times, it helps when you don't read the whole message--and just
provide an answer to a different question????

I wonder if the OP meant that the workbook wasn't protected via
file|saveas|tools|general options (password to open). It can come as a surprise
at how many different "levels" of protection there can be in an excel workbook.

Charlie Shaw wrote:

The title bar minimize, maximize & close icons are not present in a
spreadsheet that was emailed to me. The file name shows in the title bar
(compatability mode), and the workbook is in the "restore down" window state
and cannot be moved (dragged) in the Excel workspace. The workbook and
worksheets are not protected. I am using Excel 2007.

When I create a new workbook, I do not have this problem, and the title bar
menu icons display appropriately. This is more an annoyance than anything,
but I would appreciate any suggestions about how to resolve this issue.
Thanks.
--
Charlie

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I agree.

Many users believe workbook protection is only "password to open file"
protection and miss the ToolsProtectionProtect Workbook feature.

Seems many know about worksheet protection which is on the same Menu.

Gord