Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I create an equation to copy a row of data from one worksheetto another if it meets certain criteria

Currently I have a work book with lots of data in it that im trying to make a little easier to manage.
The logic im trying to use goes along the lines of
If worksheet 1 f2,F809 = W1 then copy that row into worksheet 2. If it doesn't then check the next row.
Is this possible at all? I did have a rudimental equation but I cant figure out the copy part of it. I also need this to be copied down the coloum in the second worksheet.
The equation I have so far is

=IF('W1'!F2:F28="W1","copy row","")

Obviously this hasn't worked.

Any help would be appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

the worksheets are named W1,W2,W3,W4,W5,W6,W7,W8,W9,W10,W12,WOET(WE).
The W1 sheet is the master sheet, I would like to copy the row data if coloum F has equals W2 onto W2 worksheet and onwards, IE if W1,F = W2 copy that row to worksheet W2 then look at next row.

Thanks again

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As a piece of extra info there is 631 rows of information that have to have row F checked. And that could change monthly.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for that but please excuse my ignorance but how do i implement this into the spread sheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Chris,

Am Mon, 5 Oct 2015 02:42:12 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

Thanks for that but please excuse my ignorance but how do i implement this into the spread sheet?

press Alt+F11 = Insert = Module and paste the code into the code
window.
Please note that you can't undo the macros action. Test it in a copy of
your workbook.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Friday, October 2, 2015 at 9:54:45 AM UTC+1, wrote:
Currently I have a work book with lots of data in it that im trying to make a little easier to manage.
The logic im trying to use goes along the lines of
If worksheet 1 f2,F809 = W1 then copy that row into worksheet 2. If it doesn't then check the next row.
Is this possible at all? I did have a rudimental equation but I cant figure out the copy part of it. I also need this to be copied down the coloum in the second worksheet.
The equation I have so far is

=IF('W1'!F2:F28="W1","copy row","")

Obviously this hasn't worked.

Any help would be appreciated

Claus,

I have copied that into vba but nothing seems to of happened. I have saved the spreadsheet successfully but as i said there is no change to what im seeing on the other sheets.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Chris,

Am Wed, 7 Oct 2015 06:01:55 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

I have copied that into vba but nothing seems to of happened. I have saved the spreadsheet successfully but as i said there is no change to what im seeing on the other sheets.

Developer Tools = Macros = Select Macro "Test" = Run

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Friday, October 2, 2015 at 9:54:45 AM UTC+1, wrote:
Currently I have a work book with lots of data in it that im trying to make a little easier to manage.
The logic im trying to use goes along the lines of
If worksheet 1 f2,F809 = W1 then copy that row into worksheet 2. If it doesn't then check the next row.
Is this possible at all? I did have a rudimental equation but I cant figure out the copy part of it. I also need this to be copied down the coloum in the second worksheet.
The equation I have so far is

=IF('W1'!F2:F28="W1","copy row","")

Obviously this hasn't worked.

Any help would be appreciated

Clause,

Thanks verymuch for the help, The script is working fine now. Thanks very much for all your help.

Chris