LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster

Default How do I create an equation to copy a row of data from one worksheetto another if it meets certain criteria

Currently I have a work book with lots of data in it that im trying to make a little easier to manage.
The logic im trying to use goes along the lines of
If worksheet 1 f2,F809 = W1 then copy that row into worksheet 2. If it doesn't then check the next row.
Is this possible at all? I did have a rudimental equation but I cant figure out the copy part of it. I also need this to be copied down the coloum in the second worksheet.
The equation I have so far is

=IF('W1'!F2:F28="W1","copy row","")

Obviously this hasn't worked.

Any help would be appreciated
  #5   Report Post  
external usenet poster

Default How do I create an equation to copy a row of data from oneworksheet to another if it meets certain criteria

the worksheets are named W1,W2,W3,W4,W5,W6,W7,W8,W9,W10,W12,WOET(WE).
The W1 sheet is the master sheet, I would like to copy the row data if coloum F has equals W2 onto W2 worksheet and onwards, IE if W1,F = W2 copy that row to worksheet W2 then look at next row.

Thanks again

#6   Report Post  
external usenet poster

Default How do I create an equation to copy a row of data from oneworksheet to another if it meets certain criteria

As a piece of extra info there is 631 rows of information that have to have row F checked. And that could change monthly.
  #8   Report Post  
external usenet poster

Thanks for that but please excuse my ignorance but how do i implement this into the spread sheet?
  #9   Report Post  
external usenet poster

Default How do I create an equation to copy a row of data from one worksheet to another if it meets certain criteria

Hi Chris,

Am Mon, 5 Oct 2015 02:42:12 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

Thanks for that but please excuse my ignorance but how do i implement this into the spread sheet?

press Alt+F11 = Insert = Module and paste the code into the code
window.
Please note that you can't undo the macros action. Test it in a copy of
your workbook.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional
  #10   Report Post  
external usenet poster

On Friday, October 2, 2015 at 9:54:45 AM UTC+1, wrote:
Currently I have a work book with lots of data in it that im trying to make a little easier to manage.
If worksheet 1 f2,F809 = W1 then copy that row into worksheet 2. If it doesn't then check the next row.
Is this possible at all? I did have a rudimental equation but I cant figure out the copy part of it. I also need this to be copied down the coloum in the second worksheet.

Claus,

I have copied that into vba but nothing seems to of happened. I have saved the spreadsheet successfully but as i said there is no change to what im seeing on the other sheets.

#11   Report Post  
external usenet poster

Default How do I create an equation to copy a row of data from one worksheet to another if it meets certain criteria

Hi Chris,

Am Wed, 7 Oct 2015 06:01:55 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

I have copied that into vba but nothing seems to of happened. I have saved the spreadsheet successfully but as i said there is no change to what im seeing on the other sheets.

Developer Tools = Macros = Select Macro "Test" = Run

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional
  #12   Report Post  
external usenet poster

On Friday, October 2, 2015 at 9:54:45 AM UTC+1, wrote:

Clause,

Thanks verymuch for the help, The script is working fine now. Thanks very much for all your help.

Chris