Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] chrishooper36@gmail.com is offline

Default How do I create an equation to copy a row of data from oneworksheet to another if it meets certain criteria

On Friday, October 2, 2015 at 10:00:23 AM UTC+1, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Chris,

Am Fri, 2 Oct 2015 01:54:38 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

Currently I have a work book with lots of data in it that im trying to make a little easier to manage.
The logic im trying to use goes along the lines of
If worksheet 1 f2,F809 = W1 then copy that row into worksheet 2. If it doesn't then check the next row.
Is this possible at all? I did have a rudimental equation but I cant figure out the copy part of it. I also need this to be copied down the coloum in the second worksheet.
The equation I have so far is

=IF('W1'!F2:F28="W1","copy row","")

filter column F by "W1" and copy the filtered data to the new workbook.
Another suggestion: Use a macro.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional

This spreadsheet is a live document. So when information is placed on to the master sheet it needs to be copied onto the the other worksheets.