Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Which graph to use...how to present the data

OK, following on from my post yesterday, I have a question surrounding data presentation.

To give an overview...

The spreadsheet shows from cell B11 to B40 the date...this may be extended.
The columns, from C10, are populated with the time in 15 minute initervals.

The idea is that the employee will enter a character code, e.g. A, into a cell against a date / time. This cell will then format with a fill colour, and the A appearing in the cell, in the same colour...thanks Claus for that.

To the right of each row, for the 08/12/2014 for example, is an entry as follows:

08/12/2014 1 7.5 100% 2 0 0%

What this shows is that on the 8th December, the employee worked 7.5 hours on project 1 and no hours on project 2. This is calculated as follows:

Hours worked: =COUNTIF($C11:$AK11, "1")*0.25
Percentage: =AN11/7.5

The following day has an entry as follows:

09/12/2014 1 7 93% 2 0.5 7%

This shows that the employee worked for 7 hours on project 1, taking up 93% of their working day, and 0.5 hours on project 2, taking up 7% of their working day.

Now what I want to do is, show this in some kind of graphical format. TBH I'm not sure what I'm looking for, but I think it's something along the lines of:

Date Project %'age Time Project %'age Time etc.....
08/12/2014 1 100 2 0
09/12/2014 1 93 2 7
10/12/2014 1 0 2 13

Or, another possibility is to show it as:

Date %'age Time %'age Time etc.....
08/12/2014 100 0
09/12/2014 93 7
10/12/2014 0 13

With each of the percentages showing as the colour of the project.

Not sure if this is possible / practical / advisable! I'm just looking for a quick way to graphically show the %'age of time worked on a project, at a quick glance.

Duncan