bach

Default Data present

Hi,

I need to copy all information either in a colum or in a range across
to another sheet or a combo box.

Example I have a colum populating a combo box so when data is added to
this will update the combo box. I get a combo box with a lot of blank
enteries, because I have selected the whole colomn.

Is there a way to check how many rows in that coloum have data in them
and update this to the combox???

Bach

--
bach
bach's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26134

Debra Dalgleish

You can use a dynamic range as the source for the combobox, and it will
automatically expand as you add entries to the list. There are
instructions he

http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html

bach wrote:
Hi,

I need to copy all information either in a colum or in a range across
to another sheet or a combo box.

Example I have a colum populating a combo box so when data is added to
this will update the combo box. I get a combo box with a lot of blank
enteries, because I have selected the whole colomn.

Is there a way to check how many rows in that coloum have data in them
and update this to the combox???

Bach

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

bach

Will that work if the sheet currently is blank, it only has data in it
when a macro is run ??

--
bach
bach's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26134
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=401881

bach

The first instances of the sheet will be blank, the user then gets data
via a macro and from then on data is always present.

Or could it be done in VBA using the control drop-down list object.

Bach.

--
bach
bach's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26134
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=401881

Debra Dalgleish

If you're using the combo box from the Control Toolbox, you could use an
event procedure to update the list. For example:

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Me.ComboBox1.ListFillRange = _
ActiveWorkbook.Names("MyList").RefersToRange.Addre ss
End Sub

There's information about application events at Chip Pearson's site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/AppEvent.htm