huckie

Default How can I show the total sum of items in a filtered column

Roger Govier

=SUBTOTAL(9,A1:A100) will total just the visible cells.
Change range to suit.
I always put my formulae in a row above the headings.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

huckie

At one point I was able to see a number on the bottom of the page that would
automatically calculate the number of lines in the filtered subset.
So if there are 2000 lines of grocery items and I filter out chicken, I want
to know immeidately how many lines of chicken there are out of the 2000 lines
without physically counting rows........

"Roger Govier" wrote:

=SUBTOTAL(9,A1:A100) will total just the visible cells.
Change range to suit.
I always put my formulae in a row above the headings.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

Roger Govier

Then it sounds as if you want COUNT instead of SUM
Change the 9 to a 2
=SUBTOTAL(2,A1:A100)

1=AVERAGE, 2=COUNT, 3=COUNTA, 4=MAX, 5=MIN, 9=SUM
These tend to be the only variants I use, but look up Help on Subtotal to
see the complete list.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Roger Govier" wrote:

=SUBTOTAL(9,A1:A100) will total just the visible cells.
Change range to suit.
I always put my formulae in a row above the headings.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

Gord Dibben

huckie

If you are not seeing a count of records on the status bar see Debra
Dalgleish's site for reasons and workarounds.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlautofilter02.html#Count

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"Roger Govier" wrote:

=SUBTOTAL(9,A1:A100) will total just the visible cells.
Change range to suit.
I always put my formulae in a row above the headings.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

Gord Dibben

Thanks for the feedback.

Gord

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:09:04 -0700, huckie
wrote:

THANK YOU...it works for me now!