Roger Govier

Then it sounds as if you want COUNT instead of SUM
Change the 9 to a 2
=SUBTOTAL(2,A1:A100)

1=AVERAGE, 2=COUNT, 3=COUNTA, 4=MAX, 5=MIN, 9=SUM
These tend to be the only variants I use, but look up Help on Subtotal to
see the complete list.

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"huckie" wrote in message
At one point I was able to see a number on the bottom of the page that
would
automatically calculate the number of lines in the filtered subset.
So if there are 2000 lines of grocery items and I filter out chicken, I
want
to know immeidately how many lines of chicken there are out of the 2000
lines
without physically counting rows........

"Roger Govier" wrote:

=SUBTOTAL(9,A1:A100) will total just the visible cells.
Change range to suit.
I always put my formulae in a row above the headings.

--
Regards
Roger Govier