huckie

THANK YOU...it works for me now!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

huckie

If you are not seeing a count of records on the status bar see Debra
Dalgleish's site for reasons and workarounds.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlautofilter02.html#Count

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:44:01 -0700, huckie
wrote:

At one point I was able to see a number on the bottom of the page that would
automatically calculate the number of lines in the filtered subset.
So if there are 2000 lines of grocery items and I filter out chicken, I want
to know immeidately how many lines of chicken there are out of the 2000 lines
without physically counting rows........

"Roger Govier" wrote:

=SUBTOTAL(9,A1:A100) will total just the visible cells.
Change range to suit.
I always put my formulae in a row above the headings.

--
Regards
Roger Govier