Frostfire

Default Why does the Sort function stop recognizing Header Rows?

Suddenly, when I choose sort, it tries to use the column letters, rather than
my header row. I have to highlight the entire document, set this as the
'Print_Area', and then the sort will recognize my header row. It was working
just fine, until recently, and I can't figure out what's changed.
Mangus Pyke

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:59:02 -0700, Frostfire
wrote:

Suddenly, when I choose sort, it tries to use the column letters, rather than
my header row. I have to highlight the entire document, set this as the
'Print_Area', and then the sort will recognize my header row. It was working
just fine, until recently, and I can't figure out what's changed.

Check the radio button that says "Header row" ??

MP-

--
"Learning is a behavior that results from consequences."
B.F. Skinner
Frostfire

"Mangus Pyke" wrote:
Check the radio button that says "Header row" ??

MP-

I did, and do. Unfortunatly, it changes it back to the 'no header' option
each time. It didn't used to, it kept the setting of 'Header row,' so it
would recognize my headings and let me sort by them. Now, yes I can click on
that and get my headings to sort by, but I'm wondering why it stopped keeping
that setting.
Mangus Pyke

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 15:11:02 -0700, Frostfire
wrote:
I did, and do. Unfortunatly, it changes it back to the 'no header' option
each time. It didn't used to, it kept the setting of 'Header row,' so it
would recognize my headings and let me sort by them. Now, yes I can click on
that and get my headings to sort by, but I'm wondering why it stopped keeping
that setting.

Hrmm.. I don't have an answer. That's weird.

MP-

--
"Learning is a behavior that results from consequences."
B.F. Skinner
Dave Peterson

Sometimes, if you just change the format of that header row (Bold or italics or
underlined), then excel will see it as different and guess that it's a header
row.

(I don't know why it forgets--but I always select my range to sort anyway.)