Eric

Default lookup value froma filtered list

Is there a worksheet function that can lookup the first value in a column in
a list that has been filtered?

In all cases the value will have been part of the filter, but done through
an autofilter (not an advanced filter).

Thanks, Eric

bj

There is not a function which will do it directly, but there are ways of
doing what you want if I am reading your question properly.

to find the row
=min(if(range<filter criteria,1e6,row(range))
entered as array (Control-shift-enter)
will find the first row which would not be filtered out

"Eric" wrote:

Is there a worksheet function that can lookup the first value in a column in
a list that has been filtered?

In all cases the value will have been part of the filter, but done through
an autofilter (not an advanced filter).

Thanks, Eric

Domenic

Assuming that B1 contains your header, and B2:B11 contains your data,
try...

=INDEX(B2:B11,MATCH(1,(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(B2:B11,RO W(B2:B11)-MIN(ROW(B2:B1

....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER. To include
formula blanks "", change...

(B2:B11<"")

....to...

(1-ISBLANK(B2:B11))