Monkey

Default Lookup with two variable data list cells

I am attempting to create a simple quotation sheet

I have one cell in Sheet1 validated as list:
C1 - Customer Price-band Category (select from list)

and cells each refering to:
A1:A100 - Part Numbers (select from list)

In Sheet2, I have price lists for each Price-band Category against each Part
Number.

In the cell adjacent to the Part Number in Sheet1, I would like to display
the relevant part price depending on which Price-band Category and which Part
Number has been selected

I would appreciate any thoughts...
Peo Sjoblom

One possible way

=INDEX(Price_Range,MATCH(1,(Part_Number_Range=look up1)*(Price_Band_Range=loo
kup2),0))

entered with ctrl + shift & enter

Peo Sjoblom

"Monkey" wrote in message
I am attempting to create a simple quotation sheet

I have one cell in Sheet1 validated as list:
C1 - Customer Price-band Category (select from list)

and cells each refering to:
A1:A100 - Part Numbers (select from list)

In Sheet2, I have price lists for each Price-band Category against each

Part
Number.

In the cell adjacent to the Part Number in Sheet1, I would like to display
the relevant part price depending on which Price-band Category and which

Part
Number has been selected

I would appreciate any thoughts...

Monkey

Thanks Peo

I tried that but, alas, to no avail.

Example I tried is:

H I J
21 List (Y,Z)) List (A,B)
22
23 A B
24 Y Pears Apples
25 Z Lemons Bananas

So, to reference a value within I24:J25, dependant on selected entries of
I21 and J21, I tried:

=INDEX(I23:J25,MATCH(1,(H24:H25=I21)*(I23:J23=J21) ,0)) entered with ctrl
+shift & enter

This did not work

Any ideas where I went wrong?

Much obliged, Monkey