DKY

Default if a1 value changed then date in b1

I know you can do this with a worksheet function
http://tinyurl.com/97xj9
but I'm using it to track when data was input by users and its
difficult to tell them to click the "enable macros" button every time
when I can hardley explain to them how to use excel to input data. So,
to make this easier for everyone but me isn't there some way I can just
do
"if a1's data has changed then put the date in b1" Thanks in advance
for any responses.

--
DKY
DKY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=14515

Anne Troy

Not without VBA.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"DKY" wrote in message

I know you can do this with a worksheet function
http://tinyurl.com/97xj9
but I'm using it to track when data was input by users and its
difficult to tell them to click the "enable macros" button every time
when I can hardley explain to them how to use excel to input data. So,
to make this easier for everyone but me isn't there some way I can just
do
"if a1's data has changed then put the date in b1" Thanks in advance
for any responses.

--
DKY
DKY's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=386887

DKY

What exactly does the VBA part do? Keep continuous track of A1? Can I
put VBA in a cell as a function?

--
DKY
DKY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=14515
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=386887

JE McGimpsey

Ah, I didn't get that from "I know you can do this with a worksheet
function" with a URI then pointing to two VBA solutions.