-   -   if a1 value changed then date in b1 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/35169-if-a1-value-changed-then-date-b1.html)

DKY

if a1 value changed then date in b1

I know you can do this with a worksheet function
http://tinyurl.com/97xj9
but I'm using it to track when data was input by users and its
difficult to tell them to click the "enable macros" button every time
when I can hardley explain to them how to use excel to input data. So,
to make this easier for everyone but me isn't there some way I can just
do
"if a1's data has changed then put the date in b1" Thanks in advance
for any responses.

--
DKY
DKY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=14515

Anne Troy

Not without VBA.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"DKY" wrote in message

I know you can do this with a worksheet function
http://tinyurl.com/97xj9
but I'm using it to track when data was input by users and its
difficult to tell them to click the "enable macros" button every time
when I can hardley explain to them how to use excel to input data. So,
to make this easier for everyone but me isn't there some way I can just
do
"if a1's data has changed then put the date in b1" Thanks in advance
for any responses.

--
DKY
DKY's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=386887

JE McGimpsey

The first example in the URI you reference works automatically when
placed in a worksheet code module.

In article ,
DKY wrote:

I know you can do this with a worksheet function
http://tinyurl.com/97xj9
but I'm using it to track when data was input by users and its
difficult to tell them to click the "enable macros" button every time
when I can hardley explain to them how to use excel to input data. So,
to make this easier for everyone but me isn't there some way I can just
do
"if a1's data has changed then put the date in b1" Thanks in advance
for any responses.

DKY

What exactly does the VBA part do? Keep continuous track of A1? Can I
put VBA in a cell as a function?

--
DKY
DKY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=14515
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=386887

Bob Phillips

Yes but he doesn't want his users to have to enable macros, so a no-code
solution.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

DKY wrote:

I know you can do this with a worksheet function
http://tinyurl.com/97xj9
but I'm using it to track when data was input by users and its
difficult to tell them to click the "enable macros" button every time
when I can hardley explain to them how to use excel to input data. So,
to make this easier for everyone but me isn't there some way I can just
do
"if a1's data has changed then put the date in b1" Thanks in advance
for any responses.

JE McGimpsey

Ah, I didn't get that from "I know you can do this with a worksheet
function" with a URI then pointing to two VBA solutions.