danno1

Default can I put a note in an excel formula

I'd like to put a few notes in my excel formulas to refer to later when I
forgot where I may have gotten a number I used. Something like <=c3*b4*20"the
number of work days in May"
Is this possible? Basically I'd like to add text in formulas that is ignored
by excel
Max

Try something like in say, D3:
=C3*B4*20 +N("20 = the number of work days in May")

--
Rgds
Max
"danno1" wrote in message
I'd like to put a few notes in my excel formulas to refer to later when I
forgot where I may have gotten a number I used. Something like

<=c3*b4*20"the
number of work days in May"
Is this possible? Basically I'd like to add text in formulas that is

ignored
by excel

Duke Carey

With the cell in question selected, press Shift-F2. This will pop up a
comment box into which you can type your note to yourself. Click outside the
note to move on.

That note will then appear if you hover the mouse for a second or so over
the subject cell