PMG

Default how do I use a cell value as part of a cell refereren in a formula

One cell returns a numeric value (ex. 47)

using the match function, I want to use the above numerical value as the row
for the array to search

Example:
'Migration Rules'!$U$47:$AC$47

I tried using the concatenate function, but I could not get it to recognized
the result as a cell reference

ScottO

Try the Address function. See in-built help for syntax.
Rgds,
ScottO

"PMG" wrote in message
| One cell returns a numeric value (ex. 47)
|
| using the match function, I want to use the above numerical value as the
row
| for the array to search
|
| Example:
| 'Migration Rules'!$U$47:$AC$47
|
| I tried using the concatenate function, but I could not get it to
recognized
| the result as a cell reference

Max

Try: =INDIRECT("'Migration Rules'!U"&K38&":AC"&K38)
where K38 will contain the numeric value: 47
--
Rgds
Max