cwee

Default worksheet tab name as part of a cell reference

I have a file with 50 worksheets, one for each state of the US.

I am making a master worksheet with a VLOOKUP function to pull data from the
other sheets depending on what state name the user types into a certain cell.
A VLOOKUP functin will pull the data, like this:

=VLOOKUP($A14,'Alabama'!$A$10:$O$40,B$10,FALSE)

I'd like to make the " 'Alabama'! " part of the function a link to the cell
where the user enters the state name. In this way, the function would update
itself with whatever state the user wanted to see. However, it seems like
worksheet names are static, not linkable. Is there a way to get ths to work?
Peo Sjoblom

One way

=VLOOKUP($A14,INDIRECT("'"&B2&"'!A10:O40"),B$10,FA LSE)

where B2 would hold the state (sheet) name

Peo Sjoblom