Karen

Default Multiple IF criteria

I have a spreadsheet that is just ghastly to work with. One row of data can
have up to 7 possible choices and of those choices the codes that have to be
entered crosswalk to a different set of reporting codes. I was thinking of
using an IF command but how do I do this when I have 7 possible criteria?

I don't like copying/pasting as the list is quite lengthy nor do I want to
have to filter and copy/paste either. The example I have is say a cell, say
A1 has data: abcd - efgh and the crosswalk number for this exact set
is 001 2 3455 (with spaces between numbers). I have to submit this report
quarterly to the State and I can't take it anymore!! Any help is
appreciated. Thanks in advance. Karen
Anne Troy

You need a vlookup, Karen. Try this:
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Karen" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that is just ghastly to work with. One row of data

can
have up to 7 possible choices and of those choices the codes that have to

be
entered crosswalk to a different set of reporting codes. I was thinking

of
using an IF command but how do I do this when I have 7 possible criteria?

I don't like copying/pasting as the list is quite lengthy nor do I want to
have to filter and copy/paste either. The example I have is say a cell,

say
A1 has data: abcd - efgh and the crosswalk number for this exact

set
is 001 2 3455 (with spaces between numbers). I have to submit this report
quarterly to the State and I can't take it anymore!! Any help is
appreciated. Thanks in advance. Karen

Andrew

Karen,

Could you use a VLOOKUP function?

For instance.
Have a sheet with 2 columns...one would have abcd - efgh and the other would
have 001 2 3455. Then on your report, you could just use a VLOOKUP function
in the column next to the value you need to reference and it would return the
correct value.