Karen

Default Multiple IF criteria

I have a spreadsheet that is just ghastly to work with. One row of data can
have up to 7 possible choices and of those choices the codes that have to be
entered crosswalk to a different set of reporting codes. I was thinking of
using an IF command but how do I do this when I have 7 possible criteria?

I don't like copying/pasting as the list is quite lengthy nor do I want to
have to filter and copy/paste either. The example I have is say a cell, say
A1 has data: abcd - efgh and the crosswalk number for this exact set
is 001 2 3455 (with spaces between numbers). I have to submit this report
quarterly to the State and I can't take it anymore!! Any help is
appreciated. Thanks in advance. Karen