Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pictures in Headers and Footers

I have found that using the header I can insert pictures that will not
obstruct the test of the spreadsheet, however while it looks like I can do
the same with the footer on screen.... once printed it creates a "block" and
the text is obstructed. Is there a way to use the footer in the same manner
as the header?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I'm not clear on what you mean by a "block"?

I can insert a picture in the header or footer, however, Microsoft figures
(I assume) that pictures in the header may be used as watermarks, while not
so for footers.

You can work around this problem by creating the picture you want in the
footer, in a graphics package, such that the picture is at the bottom of the
graphic. To do this in your graphic package make a graphic page the size of
your printed pages in Excel, then place the graphic near the bottom of this
blank graphic page. Then put the whole thing in the header. The picture
will appear at the bottom even though it is inserted in the header.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire