Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Advanced Filter, Copy to another location

When I filter the data and copy to another location, ALL the data is
displayed, not just the filtered data
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
Once filtered, select all the data, then do CTRL G, Special, visible cell
only, OK, then CTRL C, then paste it where you need the information.

if this helps please click yes, thanks

"Tina" wrote:

When I filter the data and copy to another location, ALL the data is
displayed, not just the filtered data

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

How is the the data arranged and what is the criteria you are supplying?

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Tina" wrote in message
When I filter the data and copy to another location, ALL the data is
displayed, not just the filtered data

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

List range is in columns on active worksheet, criteria is computed. The
criteria formula works if I filter in-place. If I opt to "copy to..", the
entire data table is copied..seems to ignore the criteria.

"Tina" wrote in message
When I filter the data and copy to another location, ALL the data is
displayed, not just the filtered data

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Tina,
read my instructions send before, you solve your problem hitting CTRL G,
then special, visible cells only, ok, the whole area will be highlighted,
right click on the mouse, copy and then paste it where you need the
information

List range is in columns on active worksheet, criteria is computed. The

"Tina" wrote in message
When I filter the data and copy to another location, ALL the data is
displayed, not just the filtered data

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Check for the following:

1. If the data that you want to copy to another location is on another
sheet, then before you go to Advanced filters, please select the cell on the
sheet where you want the output transferred;
2. IF you are using a formula in the criteria which evaluates to TRUE/FALSE,
then ensure that the heading of the criteria does not equal to the heading
of the source data range.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

List range is in columns on active worksheet, criteria is computed. The

"Tina" wrote in message
When I filter the data and copy to another location, ALL the data is
displayed, not just the filtered data

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Tina

From this posting it sounds as though you are using Advanced Filter.
To copy to another sheet, you must start the AF from the destination sheet.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

List range is in columns on active worksheet, criteria is computed. The