Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Advanced Filter to another location

I want to filter out clients that i have seen this year only( i have
thousands of clients).
How can i filter the clients from sheet1 to sheet 2.
ex

Sheet1

A1
Julian Mcather
Chris baker
Dan baker

B2
1-12-07
2-02-02
3-3-07

In sheet2
All i want is the names of clients of this year 2007 ( if possible to show
me how to change the year to 2008 when this year ends,, so i don't have to
but you guys next year"

A1
Client names only
Julian Mcarther
Dan Baker
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Introduce another column with the formula:

=YEAR(B2)

and copy this down. Apply the filter to this column to select your
year, then highlight the visible names and copy them to the other
sheet.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 29, 10:30 am, Jman wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

On sheet2 in cell B2 enter
="="&"01/01/2007"

You must begin the AF from Sheet 2, if you are wanting to copy to
another location.
DataFilterAdvanced Filter (ignore the warning message)
Source Sheet1!$A$1:$M$1000
Criteria $B$1:$B$2
click the Copy to another location
Destination $A$5:$M$5

I am assuming that there is more data than just columns A and B, hence I
have used a range going from column A to M.
Adjust according to your circumstances.
Next year, just change the value in cell B2

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Jman" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In addition to Roger's comments, the columns on Sheet1 should each have
a heading.
And cell B1 on Sheet2 should have the same heading as the date column on
Sheet1.

Roger Govier wrote:
Hi

On sheet2 in cell B2 enter
="="&"01/01/2007"

You must begin the AF from Sheet 2, if you are wanting to copy to
another location.
DataFilterAdvanced Filter (ignore the warning message)
Source Sheet1!$A$1:$M$1000
Criteria $B$1:$B$2
click the Copy to another location
Destination $A$5:$M$5

I am assuming that there is more data than just columns A and B, hence I
have used a range going from column A to M.
Adjust according to your circumstances.
Next year, just change the value in cell B2

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures