Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel doing strange things

Hello

I am wondering if you can help me at. i have users that are sometimes
copying information from other packages such as word and outlook into an
excel spread sheet as well as excel spreadsheets to excel spreadsheets. as we
are a college we use excel to put name into spreadsheets and the problem we
are having is when you copy the data from the original source and paste it
into Excel, it changes some of the data so for instance if you have 2 cells
one being the first name and the second cell being the last name. for
instance Jo Bloggs it will change it randomly to either Stephanie Bloggs or
Jo Rivers for instance

has anyone had this problem or come across it and if so do you have a solution

thank you

Duncan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Duncan Brown wrote:
Hello

I am wondering if you can help me at. i have users that are sometimes
copying information from other packages such as word and outlook into an
excel spread sheet as well as excel spreadsheets to excel spreadsheets. as we
are a college we use excel to put name into spreadsheets and the problem we
are having is when you copy the data from the original source and paste it
into Excel, it changes some of the data so for instance if you have 2 cells
one being the first name and the second cell being the last name. for
instance Jo Bloggs it will change it randomly to either Stephanie Bloggs or
Jo Rivers for instance

has anyone had this problem or come across it and if so do you have a solution

thank you

Duncan

Perhaps you have formulas in the original worksheet that are evaluating
differently when copied elsewhere? Try Edit | Paste Special | Values.