Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Macro relative cell reference

When I record a macro whether I use the relative reference button or not. If
I place the cursor somewhere else in the spreadsheet to perform the macro. It
always goes back tot he original cell I first recorded it in. Perhaps the
relative ref button has nothing to do with that. Is there a way to tell it
just to run the macro wherever I place the cursor and tell it to run? The
instructions imply in my opiniion that it would always run wherever I chose.
No matter what I try it always goes back ot the original cell it was first
recorded in.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you record selecting a cell in either mode it will either go to
that cell (absolute) or move that distance from the active cell
(relative). If you want it to start in the active cell instead, you
can remove the whatever.select reference you recorded.

The way to tell it run from anywhere is to select a cell first, and
THEN turn on the recorder.

On May 21, 4:47*pm, decimal wrote:
When I record a macro whether I use the relative reference button or not. If
I place the cursor somewhere else in the spreadsheet to perform the macro.. It
always goes back tot he original cell I first recorded it in. *Perhaps the
relative ref button has nothing to do with that. Is there a way to tell it
just to run the macro wherever I place the cursor and tell it to run? * The
instructions imply in my opiniion that it would always run wherever I chose. *
No matter what I try it always goes back ot the original cell it was first
recorded in.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It would have helped if you had posted the macro...
Anyway first line would be something like this
Range("C23").Select
change it to ActiveCell.Select

Rest of the steps should be relative to the first cell... if so the above
change will solve your problem.