Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default automatically fill a cell in excel by pressing a key

I am filling out excel spreadsheets with the same data, and instead of copy
and pasting I know there is a way you can set up excel so that you can just
press a key (say r) and it will automatically fill the cell with information,
and also you can have it a certain colour etc. I don't thinks it's a macro
as I've had this set up for me before and all you have to do is press a
single key. Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just copy a sample cell once (with CNTRL-c). Then click on another cell and
CNTRL-v will fill the cell.

Even though CNTRL-v requires two fingers, its considered a single keystroke.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200853

"Donna" wrote:

I am filling out excel spreadsheets with the same data, and instead of copy
and pasting I know there is a way you can set up excel so that you can just
press a key (say r) and it will automatically fill the cell with information,
and also you can have it a certain colour etc. I don't thinks it's a macro
as I've had this set up for me before and all you have to do is press a
single key. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Autocomplete will do the job if entering data in the same column.

Sure sounds to me like you had some some type of event code running if all
you did was enter a letter and got input of information and color.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP