Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Getting a prompt to automatically fill a cell

You know how in Word, in a mail merge, you can create a prompt that asks you
inofrmation and it updates the merged document? I would like to do the same
kind of thing in Excel.

I have a document (multiple sheets) that is forwarded to an external client
every month. We need, at the bottom of each sheet, a line saying:
"The information in this report was gathered on DD/MM/YYYY. All YTD
information is based on the X company fiscal year July 1 to June 30."

The date can show as a full text or dd/mm/yyyy format. Is there any way to
get Excel to ask me the date the information was gathered so I don't forget
to update my footer?