spoko

Default Automatically fill one cell in any newly inserted row

How can I set up a spreadsheet so that any time I insert a new row, one
cell (say, column E) will automatically be filled with a particular
formula? If it helps, the formula in question could of course just
duplicate that from the above row, and then adjust the relative
reference.

The way I do it now is just insert the row, then go to Column E and
press Ctrl-D. Pretty simple, but still I'd like not to have to do that
second part. This column will always be that way, in any new row I add.

Thanks.

--matt.
If you want to e-mail me directly, please feel free:

Dave Peterson

You could use a macro by David McRitchie:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
look for: InsertRowsAndFillFormulas

--

Dave Peterson