Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default failure to open up excel file

i have seen this happening repeatedly on many computers. Lets say i have
saved a file "alok:" as an excel file on my desktop. When I click on the
file, sometimes the file opens up, many times only the excel application
opens up. then I have go the ribbon and click the "open" menu and then select
the file and then it runs a norton virus scan and opens up. this I have
noticed happens with word files also. Also i have seen this happens on other
computers also. what is the reason / Is it because of low RAM ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am happy that the problem is with the software and not with my PC and not
with me, ha ha ha !!!. I hope they correct it soon.
Thanks Dave
Dr Alok Modi MD