Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to open Excel worksheets in the same window?

When I open 2nd or 3rd or more Excel files, they are always opened in another
window and I can't copy data from one Excel file to another Excel file. How
can it be setup to open all Excel worksheets in the same window? At Window
Explorer, Tools, Folder options, File Types, select XLSX and click Advanced,
the check box "Browse in same window" is checked. Anyone has an idea how to
solve this problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you open the 2nd, 3rd, etc, you must open them using file/Open or the
open folder icon. IF you open another Excel and perform the open this way,
you will run into the below issue.

Also, please ensure under Tools - Options - View, Windows in Taskbar is
unchecked if you don't want to see all boos on your taskbar at the same time.

"Somboon" wrote:

When I open 2nd or 3rd or more Excel files, they are always opened in another
window and I can't copy data from one Excel file to another Excel file. How
can it be setup to open all Excel worksheets in the same window? At Window
Explorer, Tools, Folder options, File Types, select XLSX and click Advanced,
the check box "Browse in same window" is checked. Anyone has an idea how to
solve this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Many thanks for your advise.
Anyhow, I could not find "Windows in Taskbar" from Tools - Options - View.
Any advise? I'm using Windows XP and MS Office 2007.