Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Edit Formula in Pivot Table for 2003 and 2007-how?

I don't know if I should finish the week right now because I'm pathetic at
trying to solve this problem.
Here goes:
1) I want to edit a formula that I have created in my Pivot Table and I
can't see where that is possible.
2) I have my list and I have created a Pivot Table.
3) I have a column with my expenses.
4) I created a formula which says "=expenses*10%"
5) It works fine.
6) I want to be able to edit the formula to 20% but I can't see where I can
edit the formula.
7) It seems like my only option os to delete it and create one with 20%.
8) I have tried this with Excel 2003 and 2007 and both are the same.
Is it possible to edit the existing formula?
If anyone has the answer, I would be very appreciative. If not, I'm calling
it a week :)
Thanks for any assistance in advance!
Jugglertwo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you create a calculated item or a calculated field?
If it's a calculated field, you'll see its name in the field list.
To change it, select a cell in the pivot table
On the PivotTable toolbar, click PivotTableFormulasCalculated Field.
Select the field's name from the dropdown list
Change the formula, then click OK

If it's a calculated item, you won't see its name in the field list.
To change it, in the pivot table, select a heading cell for the item
On the PivotTable toolbar, click PivotTableFormulasCalculated Item.
Select the item's name from the dropdown list

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Debra:
You made my day !
I spent over two hours trying to get an answer. I never noticed the dropdown
arrow.
You are the bestest :)
Thanks !
I owe you one.