Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Co-existence of Office 2003 and 2007 - Same PC

I've just bought a powerful HP Laptop - with Vistar Home Premium (64-bit OS).
Can I install both Office versions (2003 and 2007) on this LT (with 285 Gig
Free)?

What are the steps (order sequence) to accomplish, with out a hitch?
What are the pitfalls (if any) of having both on the same machine?

Thanks in advance,,,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Best to install 2003 first and then 2007 in SEPARATE folders. Set your
associations to the one desired. I don't use Access much but understand that
ONLY 2007 will now work.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Jim May" wrote in message
I've just bought a powerful HP Laptop - with Vistar Home Premium (64-bit
OS).
Can I install both Office versions (2003 and 2007) on this LT (with 285
Gig
Free)?

What are the steps (order sequence) to accomplish, with out a hitch?
What are the pitfalls (if any) of having both on the same machine?

Thanks in advance,,,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Any versions of Access will work. It's Outlook that only allows one version,

If you've got a powerful computer, I'd advise you to install Virtual PC
(free from Microsoft) or VMWare, and install Office 2007 in a virtual
machine. This guarantees no unexpected problems. No matter how careful you
are, there is no glitch-free way to install multiple versions of Office in
the same machine.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Jim May" wrote in message
I've just bought a powerful HP Laptop - with Vistar Home Premium (64-bit
OS).
Can I install both Office versions (2003 and 2007) on this LT (with 285
Gig
Free)?

What are the steps (order sequence) to accomplish, with out a hitch?
What are the pitfalls (if any) of having both on the same machine?

Thanks in advance,,,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Microsoft office 2003

Does anyone know how to set up Word 2003 so it captures the number of
keystrokes? With a new transcriptionist, we want to see her progress.

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. This is NOT a word ng
2. High jacking threads is a NO NO!!