Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell Reference Keyboard Shortcut unavailable

I use a Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 keyboard, and the software that came with it
defaults the F4 key to "NEW". This seems to override the Excel (2003) default
for F4 that cycles a cell reference from relative to absolute (A1 - A$1 -
$A1 - $A$1). I do not need the "NEW" function, but I really want the
relative/absolute function. How do I set it back, and can I set it back only
for Excel (best answer) or does it have to apply to all applications
(acceptable answer). Thanks in advance. I appreciate your help.
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jason Tsang has a couple of .REG files that will allow you to reverse the
default behaviour of the F Lock key or disable it.

One will change the default to "Off".
http://mvps.org/jtsang/flock.html

The other will eliminate the F Lock feature totally. This one I use!!
http://mvps.org/jtsang/flock-e.html

Both are Zips have an Undo.REG and a Readme.txt file with them.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP