Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formulas updating

I have a spreadsheet with an addition formula toward the end of the rows.
There is one cell in the row, before the cell with the totals formula, that
is not included in the formula. Suddenly, the sheet is updating the formula
to include this cell. I don't want this. What's the setting to make Excel
stop acting on it's own here? This only happens on one machine, running
Excel 2003.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check the setting he

ToolsOptionsEdit tab, Extend data range formats and formulas

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Laurie" wrote in message ...
|I have a spreadsheet with an addition formula toward the end of the rows.
| There is one cell in the row, before the cell with the totals formula, that
| is not included in the formula. Suddenly, the sheet is updating the formula
| to include this cell. I don't want this. What's the setting to make Excel
| stop acting on it's own here? This only happens on one machine, running
| Excel 2003.
|
| Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks - that did the trick....