Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Spec_D

Default Why does almost all ofthe text disappear when "Wrap text" is selec

This happens on MS excel 2003. It was fine until the today when a file was
opened almost all of the text was missing from the file. All the rest of the
cell formatting is intact (background colour, size, etc.). I installed Excel
97 in a separate folder just as an experiment, and the same thing happens.
When you disable text wrap, it all comes up ok. The text wrap needs to be
enabled. The OS is Win2k SP4, and no recent software installations have taken
place, besides the excel 97.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
kassie

Maybe check out your cell format options. Text alignment could be set to
top, which may push text out of view

"Spec_D" wrote:

This happens on MS excel 2003. It was fine until the today when a file was
opened almost all of the text was missing from the file. All the rest of the
cell formatting is intact (background colour, size, etc.). I installed Excel
97 in a separate folder just as an experiment, and the same thing happens.
When you disable text wrap, it all comes up ok. The text wrap needs to be
enabled. The OS is Win2k SP4, and no recent software installations have taken
place, besides the excel 97.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Barry

Default Why does almost all ofthe text disappear when "Wrap text" is s

I have the same problem. If I turn on wrap text, all of the text or numbers
in a cell disappear, yet they are visible in the fx line. I've tried all of
the cell formatting options concerning row height, positioning, etc. to no
avail. I tried detect and repair - still no change. The only way to view
the cell contents is to turn off text wrap. If I do print preview, the cell
contents are displayed - even with text wrap on.

"Spec_D" wrote:

This happens on MS excel 2003. It was fine until the today when a file was
opened almost all of the text was missing from the file. All the rest of the
cell formatting is intact (background colour, size, etc.). I installed Excel
97 in a separate folder just as an experiment, and the same thing happens.
When you disable text wrap, it all comes up ok. The text wrap needs to be
enabled. The OS is Win2k SP4, and no recent software installations have taken
place, besides the excel 97.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
clipscomb

We had this problem with one instance of Excel 2003 in our office. We
were able to fix it by running the following command from the RUN line
(START -- RUN):

Excel /RegServer

If you get an error saying Excel cannot be found, use the full path to
Excel.exe

Barry wrote:
*I have the same problem. If I turn on wrap text, all of the text or
numbers
in a cell disappear, yet they are visible in the fx line. I've tried
all of
the cell formatting options concerning row height, positioning, etc.
to no
avail. I tried detect and repair - still no change. The only way to
view
the cell contents is to turn off text wrap. If I do print preview,
the cell
contents are displayed - even with text wrap on.

[vbcol=seagreen]

"Spec_D" wrote:
*

--