Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
W4TA

Default Default Workbook

Using Windows XP; MS Office 2003 (11.5612.5606)

Whenever I open Excel, a blank workbook entitled "Personal" opens. If
I open any other Excel file, the "Personal" workbook opens first. This
may have resulted from a prompt to save my "Personal" macros... and I
may have made an error in how I saved it.

How can I establish the typical "Book 1" as the default workbook when I
open Excel? When I was able to open a "Book 1" after the "Personal"
book had opened, I saved it as "Book 1.XLT" in the Office XLSTART file.
When I then opened Excel from my quick launch, "Personal" still opened
first, followed by "Book 1.XLT".

Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
W4TA

Additionally, when opening the properties on the quick launch, the
following path appears: C:\Documents and Settings\wf63135\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART... but when I open the wf63135 file, I do
not see a "Application Data" file.

Lastly... if I save anyting to the "Personal" workbook, the next time I
open Excel... whatever data I saved within the "Personal" workbook will
appear when I open Excel (... because "Personal" opens every time I
start Excel).

Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
W4TA

OK... I fixed it... went into window and selected "Hide"... now when I
open Excel, Book1 opens as it should.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
W4TA