Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
will

Default Restrictions on size of XL file?

Hi,

Are there any restrictions on the size of an excel file?

I am putting together a large workbook (15 tabs, each with about 1000 lines
in them, with most cells performing lookup calculations), which will
constantly be added to, and (as ever!) its critical that this workbook works
correctly.

Is there any sort of critical limit, or will the workbook just start to get
slower the more it fills up?

Thanks,

Will
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Gord Dibben

Will

Have a look at Help "specifications" for limits.

Workbook size is pretty well limited by resources on your computer.

Note the 200 to 250 number formats limits and the 4000 styles limits also.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP