Lucy Van Pelt

Default Page setup in excel.

How do I setup the page once and for all? I want to be able to open a new
worksheet and I want it to already have the margins, headers, footers, etc.
that I always use.
Gord Dibben

Lucy

How's Linus doing? Smacked him lately?<g

Your question and solution would be related to the bottom portion(default
worksheet) of this post but will include the standard reply.

To have a default workbook............

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. FileSave As Type: scroll down
to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes).
Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNewWorkbook.

You will have to manually name each book as you save it.

Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

To have a default worksheet..................

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Gord Dibben Excel MVP