Old December 15th 04, 05:51 PM
LennyD

Default How do I format data cells in Excel to keep leading zeroes?

I need to generate a spreadsheet column that has a fixed number of digits to
the left of the decimal. I need to fill with leading zeroes if number
smaller than number of digits. Thanks.

Old December 15th 04, 06:17 PM
NoNoBadDog!

most common solution is to add ' before the number (apostrophe).

Bobby

Old December 15th 04, 10:42 PM
Gord Dibben

Lenny

FormatNumberCustom

Enter the appropriate number of 0's

000000.00

Would return 000023.23 or 000002.32 or 000232.32

Gord Dibben Excel MVP