LennyD

Default How do I format data cells in Excel to keep leading zeroes?

I need to generate a spreadsheet column that has a fixed number of digits to
the left of the decimal. I need to fill with leading zeroes if number
smaller than number of digits. Thanks.
NoNoBadDog!

most common solution is to add ' before the number (apostrophe).

Bobby

"LennyD" wrote in message
I need to generate a spreadsheet column that has a fixed number of digits
the left of the decimal. I need to fill with leading zeroes if number
smaller than number of digits. Thanks.

Gord Dibben

Lenny

FormatNumberCustom

Enter the appropriate number of 0's

000000.00

Would return 000023.23 or 000002.32 or 000232.32

Gord Dibben Excel MVP