jmc

Default Where do I find Excel on XP Home?

According to the microsoft updates site I have all the updates I need for
Microsoft Office XP Home edition. But, I can't find Excel anywhere on my
computer nor can I find Powerpoint? What am I doing wrong? When I click on
Start and then Programs all I get is Microsoft Office Tools and under that it
just has document imaging and scanning and XP Language Settings. Am I missing
something?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Gord Dibben

jmc

Excel is not included with Windows OS.

It is part of MS Office Suite or a stand-alone application.

You don't download Excel. You purchase it or Office Suite from a retailer or
order from MS on line. They will send you a CD.

For info on ordering see this website.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/programs/default.asp to see the Office
products and how to purchase.

Note:you probably don't need XL2003 so browse to the "previous versions"
section.

Check out Ebay for a deal on Office 97 or 2000. If you go this route, make
sure there is a licence for the product.

If you just want to view or print the Excel file you can

Download and install the Excel Viewer from....

http://office.microsoft.com/download.../xlviewer.aspx

Gord Dibben Excel MVP